“Development coaches support a wider range of participants including the young people who continue in organised sport through later years of primary school, the secondary school students in both the school and club setting and in adults who continue to play organised sport in a non-elite environment”
Below you will find articles, templates and videos that you can use in your planning and coaching. New resources will be added regularly so be sure to bookmark this page to stay up to date.
Aktive - Caoching & Talent Development 2017
Highlights from this year's issue include:
- An uplifting Good Sports story from the coaching community.
- An interview with Mt Albert Grammar School's Director of Sport Academies Geoff Moon on how the Talent Leadership Character (TLC) framework has improved the culture of the school's sports teams
- A brief report from Performance Coach Advance (PCA) coach Bruce Hunter who recently visited the USA on a Prime Ministers Scholarship, visiting Duke University and the US Military Academy at Westpoint.
- A catch up with Pathway to Podium (P2P) strength and conditioning coach Jan Reyneke on his involvement in P2P in which he shares his insights on coaching.
- A look at the great work that Sport Auckland, Harbour Sport, Counties Manukau Sport and Sport Waitakere are doing in their respective areas.